14 Religious Lies:
1. You are an abomination to God.
2. God doesn’t like you… can’t… won’t… ever.
3. At least you’ve got your fire insurance policy; be thankful, you’re one of the few lucky ones.
4. Fall in line, be good, follow the rules, check the boxes, write the checks, play church.
5. Listen to them; they are smarter, they are holier, they are… well, just trust me.
6. Being yourself is offensive to God so be like Jesus… oh yeah, you can’t – he’s God and you’re not.
7. Don’t look inward, ignore what your gut is telling you, mistrust anything inside you.
8. You’re forgiven but don’t screw up; that’s the best it gets for now, the really good stuff comes in heaven… I promise.
9. You can’t really be free so put that thought out of your mind.
10. Humanity is divided and you can’t change that; leave well enough alone.
11. You’re not smart enough, spiritual enough, gifted enough, or good enough.
12. Love, peace, beauty and harmony? Come on, grow up!
13. Play it safe and do what they say or you may go off the deep end.
14. If it’s not working, try harder.