5 ways the pop-Christian “Gospel” damages children:
(1) Telling children that they are born into this world intrinsically bad, absent of inherent worth, and repulsive to God.
(2) Telling children that their sinfulness is so bad that it left God no choice but to brutalize, torture and kill his son.
(3) Telling children that there is nothing good inside of them and that they should not trust their thoughts and feelings.
(4) Using fear or shame as a means of binding children to certain beliefs or practices related to God.
(5) Teaching children that the rejection, hatred or diminishment of other human beings is an expression of devotion to God.