Phew! It’s amazing how a million and one little details happen at the 11th hour when you’re trying to publish a book! I might just go over another edge here pretty soon!
Here are 5 things to know about where things are with publishing Notes from (Over) the Edge.
1. The book has been written, and has gone through the editorial, copyedit and proofing stages. Thank you to Mike Willis, Yana Cortlund, Ryan Ange, Rachael Jefferies Kelly, and Heather Palmer for that.
2. The cover of the book is finished. Photographer and friend Darla Winn did the cover image, and Graphic Designer and friend, Anne Goodrich, designed the cover.
3. The manuscript is currently in the process of being properly formatted for print and digital editions. Once this step is completed it will be handed over to Amazon to by published. The book will be in print as well as Kindle, Nook, and iBooks. The cover and interior includes endorsements from several of my Facebook friends.
4. Meanwhile, the Notes Team has been discussing how to encourage and inspire a big release-day campaign for the book. A separate post will be written in the next day or two to get your ideas. Now that the cover is finished, steps are being taken to create pre-order status for the book. More on that soon.
5. Notes from (Over) the Edge is an independent publishing effort. We calculated it to be a $5,000 venture. We created The Notes Campaign, inviting people to make a contribution, leave a comment, and share the campaign link with your friends. The goal of the campaign was to have a minimum of 100 participants. So far we have 65. Whether it’s $5, $15, or $50 dollars, every contribution counts! Please take 5 minutes and make a $5 contribution to the cause. I am deeply grateful for each of you who have been involved in the effort so far. Don’t forget to take a look at the “perks” for the different giving levels. There are 19 days left in the campaign.
Here’s THE LINK